Hi Andre,

(Wade is fine.)

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:13:39 +0100
"Andre M. Winter - Carto.net" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi g.,
>
>     var myDocElem = document.documentElement;
>
>     try { // STANDARD METHOD
>         myViewport = {
>           myWidth : myDocElem.viewport.width,
>           myHeight : myDocElem.viewport.height
>       }
>     }
>     catch(e){
>         myViewport = {
>           myWidth : window.innerWidth,
>           myHeight : window.innerHeight
>       }
>     }
>
> andré

Thanks. That's close to what I've done based on the other comments.

function getDisplaySize()
{
    var extents = null;
    try
    {
        var view = document.documentElement.viewport;

        extents = {
            width: view.width;
            height: view.height;
        };
    }
    catch(e)
    {
        extents = {
            width: window.innerWidth;
            height: window.innerHeight;
        }
    }

    return extents;
}

I haven't tested it out yet, but this is basically what I was planning to do.

Thanks for everyone's help.
G. Wade
--
Machines take me by surprise with great frequency.    -- Alan Turing

http://us.click.yahoo.com/I258zB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/1U_rlB/TM