Robin,

Thanks. I stand corrected. SVG-1.1 supports keyboard events
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-SVG11-20030114/interact.html#document-events-att-mod

However...

(referring to the above URL)

"As in  DOM2 Key events, the SVG specification does not provide a key event
set. An event set designed for use with keyboard input devices will be
included in a later version of the DOM and SVG specifications."

In SVG-1.1, SVG knows that certain keypress events were done, but only in a
context mimicking pointer events. As I said, the currently published SVG
specification does not support non-pointer events. Such things are added
within the browser implementation by the developers rather than as part of
the specification compliance matrix.

Ronan

On Saturday 17 December 2005 19:00, Robin Berjon wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2005, at 19:32, Ronan Oger wrote:
>  > SVG only supports mouse events.
>
>  SVG supports all sorts of events that are not mouse events.
>
>  --
>  Robin Berjon
>      Senior Research Scientist
>      Expway, http://expway.com/
>

>  -----
>  To unsubscribe send a message to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -or-
>  visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers and click "edit my
> membership" ----
>

> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
>

>  Visit your group "svg-developers" on the web.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ronan Oger
Director
RO IT Systems GmbH