Hello,

Thank all for your help.  After looking at all the suggestions, I took the
method in following page:

http://pilat.free.fr/tutorial2/example/pauseAnimations.svg

But there are some problems with my code.  Please look at them in following
page:

http://www.pinyinology.com/svg//hanzi7.html

http://www.pinyinology.com/svg//hanzi7.svg

Thanks again for your help.

pilatfr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:     Hi,

 You can use pauseAnimations() and unpauseAnimations() on svg root
 element

 See example
 http://pilat.free.fr/tutorial2/example/pauseAnimations.svg

 Michel

 PS This functions are not implemented in Opera 9 beta ...

 --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Fulio Pen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I like the animation in the svg to stop and start by selection.
 Wondering whether the effect can by achieved or not?  My question is
 in the html page: