I looked in to this a while back and only got to this workaround, but one other
option is to encorage the user to center the cursor, then move the SVG content
under it so the cursor is at your point.

Jeff Schiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  --- In
svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Schepers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a lousy workaround for you. Create your own "drag cursor"
that you
> update with script to follow the dragging action, and set the real
cursor to
> "none". This will work in FF or ASV6pr1, but not ASV, which doesn't
let you
> set the cursor.

Thanks for the suggestion, Doug.  It was something I had considered,
but as you say - it's a lousy solution.

Anyway, I implemented it the easy way by constraining the objects
being dragged but not the mouse cursor.  After playing with it, I
decided it looks just fine.

Thanks,
Jeff