Thanks for your response but it doesn't work neither. I have exactly the same
behaviour.
  Do you have another suggestion ?

Martin Honnen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
  --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jgfa92004" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have a svg fille with script and one of my functions take a lot of
> time (calculation and re-display). So I would like to display
> a "wait message" on the svg document. I tried :
>
> wait.setAttribute("visibility","visible");
> my_function_that_take_time();
> wait.setAttribute("visibility","hidden");

Try
  wait.setAttribute("visibility","visible");
  setTimeout(
'my_function_that_take_time();wait.setAttribute("visibility","hidden");',
1);
sometimes the problem is that DOM changes a script does are buffered
and only rendered when the script execution is finished. With that
setTimeout use you might get the visible change rendered first and
then your function is called.

        Xml format   Svg   Data