Hi Andre M. Winder,
I am glad you are interested in my problem. I have a file which is syslib.js
which seems encrypted.
Let me clarify my problem domain.
I am creating a system for converting GIS shape files and database to SVG and
XML.
I have this syslib.js and i have a prototype working with it. So i do know a
set of functions which are being used in this syslib.js. I have no problems
using those functions for my project as well, and so i am using syslib.js. (I
haven't delved into the copyright issues though because i think this file is
written by someone while doing a project in Germany related to the same project
I am doing. OK, let me just say it clearly, the file was a very initial file
used by MapView (I am sure you know about it).
  Please, do let me know if this file can be decrypted into its original code,
though I think its garbled form of encryption.
  Also, I do understand about reverse engineering or simply trying to implement
each of the functions I require, but then that would take quite a lot of time.
Also, I am quite new to javascript, new in the sense i have done less
programming in it.
  Regards,
Ramesh Marikhu
AIT, Thailand.