Hello again-

I'm using IE6 and ASV 3.03.

I think I'm struggling with some misconceptions about how events work in
SVG.  I have an embedded SVG document, and most of the time, I have a
common set of onclick and onmouseover handlers defined on the SVG tag of
the document, which reference inline JS code.  Thus:

    <svg id="SVGDoc" onclick="internal_click(evt);"
onmouseover="internal_mouseover(evt);" ... >

I also have what I am calling 'external' javascript, which is code
included in the HTMl document containing the SVG embed.  So I have that
across-the-embed thing going for me.  :)

Anyway, under certain conditions, I'd like to disable or redefine the
document's internal event handlers and call external routines instead.
Because this gets triggered by a button click in the parent HTML, I'd
like to redefine these event handlers in the parent HTML.  So I am
trying to do something like this:

    function onclick_change(e)
    {
       var embed = document.getElementById('SVGEmbed');
       var svgdoc = embed.getSVGDocument();
       var svgroot = svgdoc.getDocumentElement();

       svgroot.onclick=null;            //   I've also tried svgdoc here...
       svgroot.onmouseover=null;
       svgdoc.getElementById('myTopLayer').onclick=function() {
top.external_click(evt); };
    }

No joy.  I'm not disabling the SVG document event handlers, and
therefore my top layer event handlers don't get called.  I've tried to
use setAttributeNS calls as well, without success.  I suspect I'm not
pointing to the right DOM elements... got any hints about how to do this?

Thanks!