Between driving 2 * 650 km, amusing the kids and visiting my in-laws
over the Easter break, I managed to put together an SVG version of
John Conway's Game of Life:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/khsoh/0009.xhtml

The interesting bits are:

    * Using SVG lines to create a raster by twiddling the lines'
stroke-dasharray attribute.
    * Making the demonstration work for Firefox and Opera 9 was
straightfoward, but I had no idea how to make it work for MSIE + ASV
because MSIE does not support the DOM function createElementNS().
    * The demonstration ran like a dog until I spent some time
optimzing the Javascript code. It's still not blazing fast but I can't
think of any more tricks.

I picked up the stroke-dasharray tip from Kevin Lindsey and Martin
Honnen showed me how to use ASV's SVGDocument properly.

Thanks!

--
Kam-Hung Soh
http://kamhungsoh.blogspot.com - It Mostly Works