Hi-

For those of you who have not yet tried to make cross-browser applications
(or even simple SVGs), I encourage you to try it for yourself rather than
rely on Francis' opinion. There are a few gotchas (most of which have
workarounds) and some fetures that ASV supports that the others don't, but
most apps can be made to work across browsers with very little effort. You
can always post questions to this list, if you run into problems, and we
will be happy to help.

For the record, ASV itself is *far* from being a full implementation of the
SVG Spec, and it is not going to improve, since it is pretty much abandoned.
By contrast, the other browsers are undergoing active (and even rapid)
development.

Francis, your rhetoric in this regard is neither accurate nor helpful. I do
not believe that it is based on experience, but rather on your ideology.
Looking back through the archives of this list, you even state that ASV does
not work properly in IE7... why would you advocate a flawed solution? Your
own site, MobiusPortal, could easily be made to work across browsers, as we
have pointed out several times; I suspect that your reluctance is due to the
fact that your code-obfuscation mechanism doesn't work in Firefox (nor, by
the way, does it work even in IE, since all a person would have to do is
monitor the packets and they could reproduce your clientside application in
its entirety). By contrast, those of us who have deployed *many* SVG WebApps
over the years are all advocating the newest crop of SVG-capable browsers...
maybe that should tell you something?

Regards-
Doug

[EMAIL PROTECTED]