--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Cafer Erbay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Andreas,
>
> I have read the FOP of Batik, They have a solution for

FOP and Batik are two different projects, but they use code from each other.
FOP is and
XSL-FO processor and Batik an SVG programming framework. Both can generate PDF
from
SVG. With XSL-FO you have to wrap an XSL-FO file around the SVG graphics but it
has the
advantage that you can create multipage PDFs. Batik also allows to generate PDF
through
the Batik rasterizer.

> (SVG)-file from to (JPG, PDF, ..)-file. I don't know
> how to integrate it into the below way.

Please ask Batik specific questions on the Batik mailinglist.

> I would like to have a solution that on the fly get
> the information from db as SVG definition and set the
> output as PDF or any image format on the screen.

Getting out the information from the database and generating a SVG is your job.
You can
use whatever serverside programming or scripting language you are familiar
with. Once
you have such a script/program you can feed in the SVG into Batik or Fop and
generate the
PDF.

Likewise many other XSL-FO converter can do the job. But most of them are
commercial.

Andreas

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM