James-

Would it kill certain people on this list to be more polite and less
inflammatory? I am utterly bored of seeing the words "suck" and other less
savory terms in subject lines.

How would you react if I said your art, which you've clearly worked hard on,
sucks? Would you be more inclined to try to improve your work, or to dismiss
my opinion? Opera has worked hard on creating one of the best SVG viewers
around. They don't have the benefit of prebuilt filters that Adobe did when
they helped define the filter effects in SVG1.0, so they are building it all
from scratch, just so that SVG authors can take advantage of it, and they
have been very responsive on this list and to individuals who report bugs.
Please show some gratitude and suggest improvements via Opera's bug tracker,
if you see what you think is a flaw.

James C. Deering wrote:

| Read where Opera 9 had good SVG support, so I put up a small
| demo to test filter effects on
| PNG image files (ironic that I can't use vector graphics
| with-in SVG, but thats another issue).
| Vewed in Opera, it is hideous, does not render properly at
| all.

How are we supposed to know how you expect it to render, if you don't
provide a reference screencap? In fact, it does render in Opera 9 (Build
8393, Windows), though the filter effects do blur the images a bit.

| Firefox renders properly, except for text choices and filter effects.

I'm not sure what you are using as a test criteria in FF, since it doesn't
have filter effects.

-Doug

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM