On 6/14/06, Bruno Marquiÿffffe9 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Thanks for your answer.
>

> Your problem is common, though your diagnosis is probably not quite right.
> If you are putting the mousemove event on the target element itself, then
> you are losing the mousemove event when you exit the target element's
> area.
> ***Yes you're right, the g is sometimes not redrawn before my mouse
> pointer exits it.
> But as you have understood my g element is composed of two parts : a
> graphical one (use element) and a textual one (text element). When my mouse
> pointer is on the textual one it's working (I can't drag my g element as
> fast as I want) but on the graphical one , not... why?
> ****

I Can't answer you on the  "SVG" 's why" but I can answer from the rendering
developer  point of view.

a- Text =easy and fast "I Work on the rectangle" if the mouse position is
inside the rectangle  then fire an event.

b- Image/Graphic It needs time: first it exam to see if a mouse position is
inside the rectangle. If this is true the I will exam to see if if that part
of a rect is indeed painted then I will fire an event (That the way I do-
Others may be different but it should be on the same "evil" principle-
IsPositionPainted?).

Hope it help.

Phi.

Instead, put it on the document root, and have a background rectangle that

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM