Hi, Francis-

This is very simple, as John indicated.  You simply serialize (using
printNode in ASV, otherwise using XMLSerializer()) the node you are looking
for, which will probably be the SVG root, or some select portion thereof,
and then send it up to the server to be rasterized with Batik or the like.
You can either deliver it via email, or provide a web location that the user
can print out.

Some UAs will let you print SVG very nicely, without the need for this extra
step, and I imagine this functionality will only improve in the near future.

Regards-
Doug

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.vectoreal.com ...for scalable solutions.