On 7/24/06, Pramod Eligeti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Hi jeff,
>

> i have trouble doing ajax reuests n parsing both in IE n mozilla. mozilla
> is sending requests but not parsing n IE doesnt send any requests.
>

> var request = newXMLHttpRequest();
>
> request.onreadystatechange = getReadyStateHandler(request, CallBack);
> request.open("POST", "Server.do", true);
> request.setRequestHeader("Content-Type",
> "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
>
> request.send("Nameofplace=" + CircleName + "&" + "Id=" + groupId);
>

> 1. how can i send a request both in IE n firefox (i am using asv plugin)
> so that i send data like circlename a text string n group id an id in this
> request both in IE n mozilla.
>

> function CallBack(placexml) {
>
> var LocationEl = placexml.getElementsByTagName("Location")[0];
> var IdofGroup = placexml.getElementsByTagName
> ("Location")[0].getAttribute("Id");
> var LocationType = placexml.getElementsByTagName
> ("Location")[0].getAttribute("Type");
> var LocationName = LocationEl.getElementsByTagName
> ("Name")[0].firstChild.nodeValue;
> var g = SVGRoot.getElementById(IdofGroup);
>

> here i am parsing the returend xml file placexml n updating the dom of svg
> document. i am using responseXML n i dunno mozilla gives error.
>
> 2. how to parse returned xml "parsexml" in this case both in IE n firefox.

I am not srue that my answer is what you need. But you can use browser to
parse a XML Text by using div assigning it as:

YourDiv.innerHTML=YourXmlText. It is a little tricky when you walk thru you
XMLDOM.
ID use sibbling while FF use childNode.

Good luck.

Phi

tnks for ur suggestions,

> byee,
> pramod.
>

> ==================================
> Pramod Eligeti,
>
> Master Of Information Engineering Student,
> Mecklenburger Straße, 4-140,
> Osnabrueck, Germany,
> D - 49088.
>
> Mobile No: +49 17620648881.
> Home No: +49 5413329380.

Phi - Tran
Hugely increase your speed, saving your band-width with ZipProtocol
plus crystal clear SVG Rendering image at
HTTP://oneplusplus.com