I had put this off to the side thinking it might have been an error in
my file, but it apparently is not. This is not an Adobe viewer vs native
issue. It seems to me to be a security issue. But I can't reproduce it
on my computer. I've tried increasing the security, but my computer
works fine. My friends are unable to view my SVG. It is database driven,
php, svg maps. When they try to open them, it wants to save them or open
them, but trying to press the open button does nothing. Any insight
would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Sean

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com

Sean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > I was trying to bring up my svg on a friends computer last night,
and IE
 > would only try to download the file. It is in PHP, but on my home
 > computer and work computer it works fine. I tried changing all the
 > permissions, but couldn't get anything to work. Any ideas what would
 > cause this?

IE currently has no native support for SVG so you need a plugin like
the Adobe SVG viewer installed that IE can handle SVG documents
<http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/>.
As for your PHP script generating SVG make sure you set
header('Content-Type: image/svg+xml');