Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi Lance,
>
> this is partially because of a bug in your file and partially a bug
> in Opera.
>
> In your file you use internal CSS classes and don't specify the "px"
> values at your font-definitions.
In the font definitions you are
> Mozilla also needs the px when
> defining font-sizes in style attributes or CSS classes. You don't
> need the px if you specify font-sizes in presentation attributes.
>
> If you add the px values at your CSS class definitions the font-size
> is displayed properly.
indeed putting the "px" in css certainly does the trick (can't believe I
didnt have px never
would do that currently this was made umm a year or two ago)
Text is now rendering at the right size in both Opera and Firefox good
call.

> The reason Opera does not display the font
> correctly clearly is a bug in Opera. I am sure this will be fixed
> pretty soon.

errr the above is simultaneously critical and optimistic sounding.. wow

> I have already filed a similar bug to Opera and informed Ed about
> the problem in your file. Expect a fix pretty soon. Please fix the
> px issue in your file.

Done
http://www.judaiccreations.com/images/logo.svgz

> Illustrator also allows to export to presentation attributes. With
> this setting it renders properly in all SVG viewers.

probably a good tip .. but it was very easy for me to add those px
because the styles
were defined where they were.. hunting through the file could be painful

I used Illustratrator to create the shapes.. batik to make the font..
.hand coding to tie
them together and customize the filters and gradients...

A newer illustrator might be able to handle more of the process directly...