--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "zedkineece" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am trying to change stroke colors for particular elements in my
> SVG with no success. Here is my javascript code:
>
>    function changeStrokeColor(e)
>    {
>       document.getElementById("MSSA").setAttribute('stroke', e
> == "MSSA" ? 'red' : 'green');

You should use e.g.
  document.getElementById("MSSA").setAttributeNS(null, 'stroke', e ==
"MSSA" ? 'red' : 'green');

> <item onactivate="changeStrokeColor('MSSA')">MSSA</item>

SVG 1.1 has no element named 'item' so I am not sure how that markup
relates to SVG and script. Are you sure your viewer recognizes the
item element and its onactivate event handler at all?

Generally if you have problems with SVG and script it helps telling us
exactly which SVG viewer you use. Also tell us whether you get any
script errors.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TktRrD/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM