Hi Richard,

I'm sure there are many of in this situation!

Our App is a combined HTML/SVG data UI solution for govt depts are
who are all IE users

They will not be going to any other browsers any time soon (including
ie7) and Flash is not really a solution for us as one of the key
issues for us, and a key reason for choosing ASV was (and remains)
the need for users to have a rastered copy of the SVG for post-use,
as when a user has found the data, made a chart and so on, 99 times
out of 100 they want to paste it into a word document.

Fortunately the guys at Renesis have included a 'copy image' function
in their player so I'm hoping that Renesis activeX object gets a good
wind behind it and comes by for when you and I both take our head's
out of the sand!

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tell me about it, a complete nightmare.
>
> Our apps solely work on SVG with some large companies and we are
rewriting
> our apps to work on IE and all the Native SVG browsers coming out.
The
> headache for me is these large companies are phasing out Flash
availability
> in the company. Yep no flash player allowed to be installed, so I
cannot
> (wouldnt anyway) move to flash. 3 companies IT depts have already
confirmed
> this, SVG is ok luckily, but lo and behold, they use IE
>
> Im also standing at the crossroads, the only thing that keeps me
going is
> the hope that Adobe dropping SVG is realised by some one at MS to
see this
> as an opportunity to get back at Adobe and grasp back the browser
market.

> I think im going to bury my head in the sand for 6 months, hope an
> alternative is on the way, if there isnt then probably s**t my
pants and
> find another way.
>
> Sorry this has been useless info but had to get it off my chest.
>
> Richard
>

> >From: "Ben" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: [svg-developers] Re: Announcement: Adobe to Discontinue
Adobe SVG
> >Viewer
> >Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:14:34 -0000
> >
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm just in the process of developing an SVG application using AJAX
> >and PHP for a client. The idea of Adobe backing out of the Adobe
SVG
> >field is causing some concern and to be honest I'd like to know
what
> >real options are available out there otherwise I'll be tempted to
move
> >over to Flash MX.
> >
> >The real bonus for this product I'm developing is indeed cost, it's
> >practically free BUT I need to know that the application based on
SVG