So, you expect this to be a feature among web browsers at some time
in the future?

How much processor slow-down will this cause when dozens of copies of
an image are tiled across a web page's background? What does your
development build of Opera do with regards to animations or mouse-
interactivity when an image is used as a background?

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Charles McCathieNevile"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 05:44:24 +0900, mikh2161 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Is there a way to use an SVG file as the background image of an
<DIV>
> > tag, or are the <object> and <embed> tags the only means of
embedding?

> Currently I don't think so - you have to do a whole lot of magic to
place
> things over the top of real content.
>
> We have this working in development builds of Opera, but
unfortunately it
> will still be a while before it gets into public releases...
Something to