Well, you just show me examples to highlight the xbrowser SVG
incompatibility.

http://www.geofoto.ch/geophotomap/ does not work on Opera 9.8031
http://www.carto.net/williams/yosemite/ take forever to load (Sean
also mention that)

2 out of 3 don't work xbrowser. And the 3rd is a widgetlibrary not a
real application.

The browsers are still rendering them differently or have problem
with it. Both the SVG content and browsers will get better but the
applications that you point out are not usable in firefor or Opera at
this moment. That is my point.

>why is Adobe so important to SVG? IE is the only browser with no
>native SVG support.
I think you answered your question. Adobe is important because IE is
the browser with no native SVG support. I am not cheering for IE on
lack of SVG support but the reality is IE still used by the majority
and if we need to develop an applcation right now, we need a capable
plugin.

>They have to support it soon if they don't want
>to loose more market share. Native SVG support in browsers is much
>better than a plugin anyway. With a plugin you are in this box and
>the Eolas case showed us what can happen to plugins ... lots of
>annoying stuff ...
I am not arguing that plugin is better. I am just stating the fact
that we don't have it in IE at this point. Again, I am not cheering
for it.

Doc wrote:
"I think your just sitting too close to the screen, and need to pull
back some to see the larger picture of why Adobe having acquired the
Flash player would want to shift the SVG effort into that product and
discontinue the ASV"

I can see this being your wish (and our wishes as well), but please
don't treat it like a fact. It may still happen but there is no sign
of it happening. You may want to sit a bit closer to reality.

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Neumann"