I am currently using SVGmapmaker to generate a series of svg files. The
appearance of the maps I require is the option where the svg has all
the controls embeded into it rather than as hmtl. When I use this
option, the legend is not embeded but is produced as a SVG output.

I have placed an example at

http://www.freewebs.com/brianadr/QLDTEST.htm

http://www.freewebs.com/brianadr/index.htm

I have tried several editors and none seem to be able to do the tasks
required without altering the original code nor do they indicate in the
xml where the legend is.

Is it more effective to have the various theamatics as raster files
rather than as vector images. What are the pro and cons both approaches?

Brian Cooper