--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Praveen Nayak"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am using the Batik viewer inside an applet, and loading an SVG
> document. I have an ECMAScript method say 'manipulate()' inside the
> svg file to manipulate the svg content.

>               <Applet... <!--the applet containing batik viewer,
> which inturn holds the svg document.-->

JavaScript in the HTML document can access the applet element with e.g.
  document.applets[0]
or if you give the applet a name e.g.
  <applet name="svg1" ...></applet>
then with e.g.
  document.applets.svg1
If the browser/Java combination supports LiveConnect then the public
members of the applet are exposed to script meaning if the applet has
a public method then you can script e.g.
  var applet = document.applets.svg1;
  if (typeof applet.methodName != 'undefined') {
    applet.methodName();
  }

I don't think you can get at the script functions defined in the SVG
document unless the applet makes sure to expose them with its public
members.