--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "James C. Deering"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I saw this thread awhile back and wondered if anybody has any
> examples of this that do not rely on PHP. Just a simple image
> switch is what I would like to do.

Importing SVG using XMLHttpRequest uses client-side JavaScript and
does not depend on or rely on PHP at all so it is not clear what you
are asking about. If you have an XML document (and SVG is XML) on the
server then you can load and parse it with XMLHttpRequest. In browsers
like Mozilla (Gecko 1.8 or later) and Opera 9 which have native SVG
support and a common XML/HTML/SVG DOM implementation you can then
import nodes from responseXML into another DOM document if that is
what you are asking about.