This can be due to an issue with SVG support in Internet Explorer in a
computer with Visual Studio 2005 installed:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916442

In a glance, if you aren't able to follow Martin Honnen's suggestion
(if you don't have server administrative access, for example) you can
try embedding your SVG file in an HTML file and add equivalent
information:

<embed src="YOUR_FILENAME.svg"
type="image/svg+xml"
pluginspace="http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/";
width="100%" height="100%" />

In the code snippet above, "type" is the key attribute to solve the
issue with IE+VS2005. This code snippet doesn't:

-- Help solving the "Click here to activate this control";
-- Foresees the use of <object> instead of <embed> in Firefox and
Opera (embed is deprecated but Adobe SVG Viewer works better using it).

Both these small details have plenty of information around on how to
fix them. I only wanted to show a simple way to get around this
specific issue.

Regards,

  Helder

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, fuli zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The following svg file, including the animation, is displayed on the
Firefox browser very nice.  But when opened with the IE browser, only
the original code comes up to the screen.  There is no graphics at
all.  I've tested it on two computers.  The results are same.  The
file is displayed OK on both IE and FF offline.