From: ddailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 6, 2007 11:11:20 AM
Subject: Re: [svg-developers] Re: WSIWYG Editor

            Lenny,

I don't know of anything like what you mention, but I sometimes have let
students choose such a project from among several others: build a code editor
(SVG, HTML and/or JavaScript) running in the browser. For some reason students
have never actually chosen this project

The example I show to get them started is here

http://srufaculty. sru.edu/david. dailey/javascrip t/markup6. html

It would take a lot of work to get it to where you want it to be, in fact right
now it only works in IE/ASV, with the JavaScript and HTML parts working in
Firefox. If you feel like building such a thing, the above might provide some
ideas for how to get started.

(Some of the other projects for the class are clearly sexier -- like a virtual
weather station which allows people who work in basements to have a window on
the world outside based on interrogation of current weather data for their
location and subsequent dynamic SVG to simulate wind, precipitation,
temperature, cloud cover and position of sun, or the virtual landscape flyover
which streams altitude data -- AJAX like --  and builds an SVG landscape that a
pilot may fly through at low altitudes.)

Please holler if you do find something, since I'd be interested too,

David