Hi folks,

My code as following:

    var svgns = "http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";;

    //Step 1: create one lable
    var dat= svgDoc.createTextNode("I am one rect");
    var t  = svgDoc.createElementNS(svgns,"text");
    t.setAttributeNS(null,"x",6);
    t.setAttributeNS(null,"y",20);
    t.setAttributeNS(null,"text-anchor", "start");
    t.appendChild(d);

    //Step 2: create one rectangle to wrap the label created in step 1
    var r = svgDoc.createElementNS(svgns, "rect");
    r.setAttributeNS(null, "x", 5);
    r.setAttributeNS(null, "y", 5);
    r.setAttributeNS(null, "width",  40); //here is dynamic number
will be adjusted accrdoing to the label width
    r.setAttributeNS(null, "height", 40);

I want to get the width of the text node to make the rect can wrap the
label very well, but I can only get the number of letters, anyone
knows how to get it?

much appreciate for your help in advanced.