You could try using a wallclock-sync-value for begin.
i.e.  begin="wallclock(0s)"
As far as I know, that's not supported in either Opera
or ASV. But for user agents supporting scripting you
can still set the begin attribute at load time.

I have no idea if any mobile phones do support
wallclock-sync-values. You can try it at least.

Regards,

  Frank

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas