Hi Tony.

Tony:
> I'm a developer new to SVG.  I'm using Adobe SVG Viewer and Batik
> Squiggle 1.7 beta to view my code.  Even though Batik supposedly
> supports Javascript now, every time I load an SVG with embedded
> Javascript--which runs fine in ASV--I get a security error:

A bug exists in the 1.7 beta release that prevents scripts with type
text/javascript and application/ecmascript from running.  Using
text/ecmascript should work.  (The latest code from SVN supports all of
these types.)

What error do you get when changing your document to use text/ecmascript
(or omitting the type="" attribute completely)?

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/
        xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ▪  ICQ 26955922  ▪  MSN [EMAIL PROTECTED]