On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 21:51:00 +0100, Sean M Montague
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <image shape-rendering='crispEdges' xlink:href="myBgImage.png"
> x="-88.0224609375" y="-44.4965053311" width="0.0439453125"
> height="0.031337467362"/>
>
> I'm playing with using decimal degrees as my coordinate system, and it
> appears that Safari doesn't like decimals in the x and y coords. Is this
> a bug, or am I missing something?

Sounds like a bug.

> Also related to my decimal degrees, does FireFox have a lower level of
> precision than the Adobe Viewer? Using the above type of coordinates
> seems to leave large gaps between my images, indicating that the
> decimals are being rounded off.

Computers generally round decimals (one of the things that ECMAScript 4
will give is true decimal arithmetic). This means that, for example,
javascript:alert(0.1 + 0.2); will actually give you 0.30000000000000004 -
the length of your decimal will determine whether you run into these
errors, so you might or might not be seeing that as the problem. (I don't
know what Firefox uses internally, but you can pretty much bet it will be
a floating point number of some kind - i.e. a fixed number of "safe"
significant figures...)

cheers

Chaals

http://my.opera.com/chaals              Try the Kestrel - Opera 9.5 alpha