Or you can write a batch file with your favoured options and %1 in
place of FILES and add it as an action for the file type SVG. This
way you can just right click on an SVG file and start the pretty
printer from the context menu. I don't use pretty printer, but that's
the way I use ttf2svg and the Batik rasterizer for conversion to PNG
or PDF.

But the point is, if you don't want to use Batik from the command
line only---and after all: What's Windows good for if you always need
the command line for such simple tasks?---then setting up Batik is a
bit more work and requires some bit of knowledge about Windows. It's
still very easy actually. Just, you might need some help to learn
what can be done and how.

Using Squiggle as a GUI would appear to be the most convenient way to
use Batik. But I don't think it is. Because you can't simply drag
files from the Windows-Explorer to Squiggle. I think this is a
limitation of Java's swing toolkit or of Java per se(?) Anyways, it's
quite a drawback to effectively working with Squiggle, when you need
the file dialogue each time you wish to open a document. Using the
tools you need from the context menu is easier. Once you've got the
necessary setup done, that is.

I don't want to advocate against using Batik. It's just not as self-
explanatory as we are used to from windows applications. Still easy
to use, but not the kind of easy which non-savvy users need no help
with.

Regards

   Frank

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Andreas