I also had that problem. In mathematical graphics the positive y axis
usually points upwards. Using a different coordinate system for
positioning the text is not quite elegant. My solution is, when
you've got a text which is inside a group with transform="scale(1,-
1)" then instead of

<text x="1" y="20">x</text>

write

<text transform="translate(1 20) scale(1 -1)">x</text>

Regards
   Frank

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, Peter Thompson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Everyone knows that by default, the y-axis increases
> as you move down the screen. I know that I can get the
> y-axis to increase as you move upward if I use
> transform="scale(1,-1)". Using that transform, the
> text displays upside down. When using that transform,
> is there an easy/elegant way to get text to display
> right-side up in the proper position on the screen?

> Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.  http://tools.search.yahoo.com/
newsearch/category.php?category=shopping