Hi John,

I agree that Opera 9.5 is currently the best browser based SVG
implementation. But Webkit/Safari and Firefox are catching up quickly.

Firefox has fallen a bit behind, but FF3 is a huge improvement over
FF2. The main lacking features are SVG fonts support and SMIL
animation.

Negative numbers are supported in all SVG viewers/webbrowsers,
however, as others pointed out. I use negative numbers all the time
in my mapping applications. Others have pointed out that you should
avoid the trailing blanks and your examples should work fine in all
of the 4 browsers: Opera, Firefox, Webkit/Safari, Google Chrome.

Andreas