From: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Francis Hemsher
Sent: Wednesday, 12 November 2008 22:44
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [svg-developers] Re: MS acquires ASV3 to bundle in IE8?

John C. Turnbull wrote:

> Excellent suggestion Francis!
>

> But... it will never happen. Why not? One word: Silverlight.
Why support
> SVG when you can lock your customers in to a proprietary MS
technology?

Hi John,

Yes, it is apparent to all that the XAML/Silverlight folks at MS have
been caught with their hand in the SVG cookie jar. However, it seems
to me that the IE development team has trancended the strategy to
kill SVG. There are just too many requests for native SVG support in
IE. I feel sure that native SVG will be part of IE8+
However,
this bundle with ASV3 would be the best signifier that the IE
Development Team currently recognizes SVG as a required feature.

-Francis