I am playing with a svg tool developed by my collegues. This tool
works great in IE6, but when I use IE7 to explore it, I got a
trouble. In the website we developed in svg scripts, it was supposed
to link to another website when user clicks a button or an image.
Since the user might need to compare both website at the same time,
the tool was designed to get the link to open in a new browser
window. This function works in IE6, but not in IE7. The following is
the script line we used (in a .svg file):
<a xlink:href="http://www.ruralcomm.org/"; target="_blank">
                <image id="emily" x="0" y="0" width="300"
height="150" xlink:href="logo for the website.JPG"
visibility="visible"/>
 </a>

It is weird that we have another line that is to get a link open in
the current browser window, which works in both IE6 and IE7:
<a
xlink:href="http://camims01.camsys.com/svg/FHWARR_2/mainpage/view.htm";

                <image id="img1" x="440" y="40" width="25"
height="25" xlink:href="homepage.JPG" opacity="0.5"
visibility="visible" onmouseover="chgVisibility(1)"
onmouseout="chgtoinvisible(1)"/>

  </a>

It seems that the only difference is the first line has put in
target="_blank", which is designed to open a new browser window.

Does anyone have similiar experience on this? It will be highly
appreciated if you may give me any suggestion on solving this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Xuemei