Seems that the problem in this thread is that silverlight would be
taking over SVG.

We can certainly regret it, but not be astonished: the most advanced
useable version of SVG (Opera + SVG 1.2) still has no basic features
like sound or download status bars (apparently). This still makes of
SVG a very unuseable language, compared for instance to flash which
offered these features from the very start, thus ensuring a quick
start and strong popularity.

So Microsoft is playing easy with its silverlight, which will
probably offer these features from the very first versions, in an
effort to compete, not with a nearby inexistent SVG, but with flash.

So I think that the efforts must go toward providing full standard,
fully compliant and non buggy SVG browsers, not in 5 years, but in
some weeks. Also, to avoid a very steep learning curve, a forum like
this one should provide snipets of basic coding functions, for
instance how to do a download bar (I started a thread on this). Only
after, people will start to write applications in SVG, and a wealth
of uses asking for more implementations. This will also be profitable
to the standard-compliants browser community, who will be completelly
independent of non-standard languages.

If not, we shall remain with flash and silverlight sharing the useful
applications, and SVG remaining forever a beautiful project.