> have some troubles saving them : when I use the "Save as" button
> displayed by Windows when the file is generated, it takes about 3
> minutes to save the file (15 MB). When I "open" the svg file then try
> to save it by using the right click menu (Save SVG As...), it take more
> than 4 hours !!
> Does anyone have an idea ?

By "Windows" I assume you are referring to "Adobe SVG Viewer".

Performance is always an issue and, with such huge sizes, you may have
to consider changing your application architecture (splitting one
single huge files to several which are seen in turns and/or background
downloaded, etc.).

Nevertheless, you may try few minimization tips available [1]. ;-)

Hope this helps,

 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/minimize.html