________________________________
De : Doug Schepers <d...@schepers.cc>
À : svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Envoyé le : Mardi, 16 Décembre 2008, 21h36mn 28s
Objet : Re: [svg-developers] Re: Firefox2 vs Firefox3 (code)

Hi, Samy-

Samuel Dagan wrote (on 12/16/08 3:27 PM):

> Just by a superficial look on your code, you better change:
> fill = symbole.getAttribut e("fill") ;
> with :
> fill = symbole.getAttribut eNS(null, "fill");
> (Look at http://jwatt. org/svg/authorin g/ )
>
> Hope that this will do the job.

Having been guilty of propagating this myth myself, I have to state that
this is not at all important, and is not the cause of any error. If you
aren't using namespaces (like XLink), you don't need to use
getAttributeNS. .. getAttribute works just as well with the null
namespace, so the code is correct as it stands.

Julie, I would recommend that you strip down the code to a minimal test
case that demonstrates exactly what the error is. You can you the
Firefox error console, or a debugging extension, to figure out where
that is.

Regards-
-Doug