Happy New Year! You may try my small gift- PhotoToPicture
converter. This one converts raster into vector, by for the reasons,
explained before, its output is a raster too. As for me, looks rather
pretty. Think about it as a filter, what simplifies an image and make
it looks as an art. One useful option is included- output can be
enlarged up to 893% of its original size (this is result of a mistake
in my calculations- I wanted up to 800%, but leaved it as it is).
Download is available at
http://www.smartfills.com/Html/PhotoToPicture.zip . Output is just
same thing as expanded SVG could be. It is clear, what sort of
additional records should be added to SVG specification to reproduce
such sot of images.
Andrew .