The question is, what is del? What does it do?
Since you set the event listener at a use element I think it is
probably a problem with event.target vs. event.currentTarget. Is
anything reported on the error console when you click at the element?
You can try putting an alert right as the first command in the event
handler. If the alert window appears then you know that the event
listener registration was successful, and the problem is in your event
handler.

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, chandra reddy <pcr_re...@...>
wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I have used following code to add event listner, it is working in IE
but not in Mozilla
> if any body knows solution please let me know.
>
> //
>   var newUseEl = document.createElementNS(svgNS,"use");
>                        newUseEl.setAttributeNS(null,"id",'refp1');
>                        newUseEl.setAttributeNS(null,"x",p);
>                        newUseEl.setAttributeNS(null,"y",s);
>                        newUseEl.setAttributeNS(xlinkNS,"href","#s01");

          newUseEl.setAttributeNS(null,"visibility",'visible');
>                        newUseEl.addEventListener("click",del,true);

           document.getElementById("contents").appendChild(newUseEl);