Hi Frank.

Frank Bruder:
> The SVG Tiny 1.2 Draft defines the attributes glyph-name, g1, and g2
> to be of the format
> "<list-of-strings>"
> which in the Basic Data Types section is defined as white space
> separated:
> "A <list-of-strings> consists of a separated sequence of <string>s.
> String lists are white space-separated, where white space is defined
> as one or more of the following consecutive characters: "space" (U
> +0020), "tab" (U+0009), "line feed" (U+000A) and "carriage return" (U
> +000D)."
>
> With comma separated lists kerning works in Apache Batik, the Adobe
> SVG Viewer, and (though not always correctly) in Opera, and from my
> understanding this behavior is standards compliant and should remain
> so for backwards compatibility.
> Other opinions?

I agree with your summary.  At first glance, this seems like an
accidental incompatibility.  I’ve raised
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2194 with the WG, which,
if agreed to, will result in an erratum being published for SVG Tiny 1.2.

Thanks,

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/