I'd welcome help responding to the comment from 'a1programmer' which
appears in <URL:
http://www.dzone.com/links/how_html5_will_change_your_software_development_a.html
 >.
I am too inexperienced in Flash to follow-up with confidence on my
own.

More detail:  the article in question (note that a1programmer seems
to have at least one other, unknown to me, in mind) only touches
peripherally on SVG.  I write to this mailing list, though, because
it's the home of the people *I* know who are best with Canvas and
Flash.  Also, when I write, "... welcome help ...", what I have in
mind is that someone more expert than I writes on his own behalf.