Vincent Hardy schrieb am 27.08.2010 05:10:

>> I'd like to setup a test environment to start working with IE 9 + SVG Web so
>> they work better together, but don't have access to Windows 7. Has anyone on
>> this list gotten IE 9 pre 4 running in a Parallels like VM environment on
>> the Mac? I have VMs for IE 6, 7, and 8 on XP but haven't done the IE 9 step
>> yet.
> You can use Virtual Box, which works on the Mac:
> http://www.virtualbox.org
> -v

See my post from March 19:

Hello together,

i have managed to install the IE9 Platform Preview in a virtual Windows,
since i am using Windows XP.

The Preview needs
- at least Windows Vista SP2 with Internet Explorer 8
- Direct2D for hardware rendering
- Service "Windows Installer" running

Microsoft provides an Vista Image with IE8 for no costs for their VirtualPC
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=21EABB90-958F-4B64-B5F1-73D0A413C8EF&displaylang=en

I am not sure if the first start has to be in MS VirtualPC.
VirtualPC has no support for DirectX, so it is not suitable for the run
of IE9.
Therefore install VirtualBox >v3.1, with has experimental DirectX support.
Be sure to use the decompressed Vista Image in VirtualBox and activate
3D support in the settings of the new maschine.

Disable the service "wsearch" permanently with is the indexing service
of Windows Vista (if on low performance laptop drive :-)
Set the Service "Windows Installer" to automatic.

To activate DirectX you have to install the VBoxGuestAdditions, which is
available via a menu in Virtualbox.
After that, there is support for the emulated Network (config the
VirtualBox with NAT mode), video drivers and mouse integration, so you
have not press the ctrl-key on the right for leaving the emulation window.
I am not sure if the installation of the GuestAdditions has to be in
windows "safe mode" (press F8 at boot time) as mentioned in the FAQ, to
allow directX (which replaces some windows files).

To get the direct2D interface in Vista you have to install the update
kb971512.
I downloaded it from
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/971512?p=1
so it did not required a validation of the licence of vista.

download iepreview from
http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/info/ThankYou/Default.html
install it, now hopefully without an error. :-)

feel free to play with it!

I hope you had success, please contact me if you need further help.

--
best regards
Holger