  From: jeff_schiller
  To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2010 8:08 PM
  Subject: [svg-developers] Re: IE9 and ASV

  Hi David,

  --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "ddailey" <ddai...@...> wrote:

  > And until Windows 7 is widely deployed, for the 60% of the world using IE
(not an insignificant number to my way of thinking) the question of what to do
with those folks who don't have IE9 remains. SVG support doesn't seem to be
adequately handled by the other options (remember that IE/ASV developers have
been gleefully working with the assumptions of filter and SMIL support for
almost a decade now in corporate settings where the MS environment is deeply
deployed).

  I'm curious if Google Chrome Frame plugin meets that purpose? WebKit is
supporting more and more SVG Filters and SMIL these days and is actively being
updated.

  Regards,
  Jeff