--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "jeff_schiller" <jeff_schil...@...>
wrote:

> --- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Rauf" <cute_rauf_696@> wrote:
> >
> > I am working on a SVG and now want to let a user resize an object
> > using draggable corners, very much like in SVG-edit (http://svg-
> > edit.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/editor/svg-editor.html). The
> > functionality should work as follows: The user selects the SVG objects,
> > drags it to the main `canvas' and once on the `canvas', four corners
> > on the outside of the object appear, the user can drag on each of the
> > corner points & drag to enlarge the object. The objects will be
> > rectangular in shape and created using paths, not using the SVG `rect'
> > function. Would anyone have any suggestions as to how this should be
> > implemented?
> > Thanks in Advance..
> >

> Here's how SVG-edit did it:
>
> - have listeners for mousedown, mouseup, mousemove
> - if an element is clicked on (in mouseup), then that is your currently
> selected element
> - put a 'selector box' element on top of the selected element (that has the
> visible handles you can drag)
> - in your mousemove, detect if a handle is being dragged, while it's being
> dragged, determine what the element's new size should be and either:  a)
> recompute the element's geometry to fit into that box or b) put a transform
> on that element
>
> See SVG-edit's code involving Selector, SelectorManager and
> recalculateDimensions() and the mouse event handler functions.
>
> Note that these are not trivial pieces of code and they took awhile to get
> into a working state.
>
> Best of luck,
> Jeff

Tanks Jeff,Narendra Sisodiya
 but i want more help from you.you are the only man guide me on right path.when
you mousedown and selector rectangle is appear,one or more element are
selected, the group elements can drag.but the problem is that how to make the
rectangle on the mousedown and increase size on mousemove..
thaks again,
jeff and Narendra Sisodiya