Hi,

Is there  a known problem with SVG in putting scrollbars if content crosses
the viewport area ?
Scroll bar is a must for the user to see the whole content.

I want to display multiple charts in a single screen each within its own
fixed size of viewport and each scrollable within its own area for the user
to the complete picture

For this I used the following code and expected scroll bars to appear but
did not in all SVG compliant browsers ( Opera_10.52, Firefox_4.0.9, Chrome )

<svg width="1250" height="700" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";>
  <svg x="0" y="0" width="100" height="100" style="overflow:scroll">
      <rect x="0" y="0" width="1250" height="750" fill="#ffff00" />
      <rect x="50" y="50" width="200" height="200" fill="#ff0000" />
     </svg>
</svg>

Here the container svg has the viewport of the full screen but the contained
svg has a viewport of only (100,100) containing a rectangle of much bigger
size than the container viewport, Now there is no scrollbar for the
contained svg for the user to see the complete rectangle. I have even set
the style property overflow to scroll

Any ideas as to what is wrong with my code or is it a known problem with SVG
and developers need to implement their own scrollbars if required

- Raks A