On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:29:46 +0100, Francis Hemsher <fhems...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Because SVG has no specifics on UI zoom and pan, many of us have had to
> create script packages to accomplish this. No matter how elegant our
> zoom/pan works, it still requires the user to 'learn' how to use it
> within our particular app.: This is a burden to the SVG user.
> Therefore,
> SVG must have a basic built-in zoom/pan defined similar to the ASV:
> CTL-key = zoom box, and the ALT-key = pan hand.
>
> This will provide SVG users a consistant zoom/pan method independent of
> the user agent, and will relieve the requirement to the developer  to
> create zoom/pan for their apps.

Actually, the activation should be defined by the User Agent (most of the
touch devices we work with don't have ctrl- or alt- keys. But yes, it
would be better than asking each app developer to make up their own (and
building UI in an app that works cross platform is actually really really
hard, as my example might show).

cheers

Chaals