Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only way it's even possible to
highlight text is to make some makeshift functions that create <tspans> and
change colors manually.

The more I look at the spec, it seems like these focus events seem to be
associated with text even though they are on all primitives. Perhaps they are
pseudo attributes that will be implemented later? I don't know...