Från: Doc <drc...@drclue.net>
Till: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Skickat: söndag, 2 oktober 2011 18:50
Ämne: Re: SV: SV: [svg-developers] Websocket Discussion Group

Actually, some of the reasoning in wanting to support older versions
and non websocket protocols goes beyond the browsers themselves,
to backends and such where folks will want to have their websocket servers
interface with existing resources. By making the server somewhat
protocol agnostic
it should be far easier to quilt in existing infrastructure.

Besides, for one reason or another, older browsers (which todays will
become)
tend to linger on ,long after their expiration date, so at least for
public facing
interfaces it's good to have the option to leave the light on for for those
browsers as long is it does not compromise security.

--Doc