At 17:40 +0530 17/10/11, Raks A wrote:

>Its jerky even in Flash on Windows, never tried though on a Mac
>So does not look like it's a SVG implementation issue
>
>The jerki-ness is probably because of the animation spread over 9 seconds
>which is far too slow for the pixel size of the monitor

As I said, it is fine in Safari and not in the other browsers, so it
is obviously a browser issue.  I took that URL as one simple example.
Please point me to some SMIL animations that are not jerky in Firefox
and Opera and tell me why this particular example works in Safari and
not in Opera or Firefox.

JD