Hi Andreas,

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "andreas.scheucher"
<andreas.scheucher@...> wrote:

> For example, there is a polyline, with the "id"="1". To redraw, the Node is
> fetched from the DOM and the "points" attributes are set to the new values.
>
> I solve this using the Batik SVG Toolkit and draw on a JSVGCanvas Java Swing
> Component. This works fine as it draws the polyline with the updated
> positions, but it does not remove the older versions of it. Is this working
> as designed, or is this a bug?

Yes, you can change shapes by modifying attributes.  It sounds you're doing
everything right here in this regard.  It's been a long time since I had a look
at Batik/JSVGCanvas.  I think JSVGCanvas could be set to update the canvas or
simply "add paint".  It seems you set it to simply add more paint.  Maybe have
a look at the JSVGCanvas documentation.

Thomas W.